Tips for Your HVAC Units in 2022
With the new year fully underway, it’s not too late to resolve to treat your HVAC system with the extra care and attention it deserves. Taking proper care of your heating and cooling systems is part of your responsibility as a homeowner. To help you get the most out of your units this year, the experts at All American Home Services put together the following tips so you can enjoy high-performance heating and air conditioning all year long!
Top 6 Tips for Your HVAC Systems This Year
Tip 1: Schedule Professional HVAC Maintenance
The best tip our team can offer for your HVAC systems is to stick to a professional maintenance schedule. Annual heating and air conditioning maintenance is often necessary in order for you to keep your manufacturer warranty active. Not only that, but HVAC maintenance offers plenty of system benefits, including:
- Extended system life span
- Increased energy-efficiency
- Reduced heating and cooling expenses
- Improved reliability and performance
- Decreased need for HVAC repairs
Tip 2: Get To Know Your System
Take time to get to know your systems inside and out. Understanding all of the details of your heating and cooling units will help you more easily identify when a problem exists, allowing you to act more quickly to resolve the problem and prevent further system damage. As you get to know your HVAC systems, consider the following:
- Age: Most HVAC units are designed to last between 10 and 15 years. If you live in an older home that hasn’t had its heating or cooling systems replaced in recent years, you could be relying on outdated HVAC.
- Inspections: Every time your heating or cooling system receives maintenance, your technician should mark the date. Familiarize yourself with these inspection reports so you don’t fall behind on your annual maintenance schedule.
- Efficiency: All heating and air conditioning systems are rated by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, Heating Seasonal Performance Factor, Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER), or Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient your system is likely to be.
- Warranty: Check to make sure your heating or air conditioning system still has a manufacturer warranty. If there is such a warranty in place, read through the terms and conditions to ensure you’re able to use your warranty should something go wrong.
Tip 3: Change Your Air Filters
One of the biggest culprits behind heating and air conditioning malfunctions is a clogged air filter. Changing your air filters at the recommended intervals is one of the best ways to avoid unexpected system breakdowns during the most critical months of the season. Refer to the following to help determine how often you should change the air filters in your home’s HVAC systems:
- Vacation house, or one occupant and no pets or allergies: Once every six to 12 months
- Suburban home without pets: Once every 90 days
- Suburban home with one dog or cat: Once every 60 days
- Suburban home with more than one pet and one allergy sufferer: Once every 20 to 45 days
Tip 4: Set the Proper Temperature
Most homeowners don’t realize how significant even a one-degree change in temperature can be when it comes to their monthly energy expenses. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a reduction in your home’s temperature by 10 to 15 degrees for eight hours in the summer can save you up to 15% in annual cooling expenses. When you’re at work or while you’re sleeping, making these adjustments to your indoor temperature will help your systems operate more efficiently and save you money without making you uncomfortable.
Tip 5: Use a Programmable Thermostat
If you don’t already have one, installing a programmable thermostat in your home is an excellent way to save on your year-round comfort needs. These systems allow you to adjust the temperature in your home based on when it is in use, allowing you to save significantly on your energy expenses. Some smart thermostats can even be controlled remotely from a smartphone app, allowing you to set the desired temperature in your home on your way back from work so you’re greeted with optimal comfort from the moment you walk through the door.
Tip 6: Clean the Condenser Unit
When it comes to your air conditioner, it’s important to take special care of its condenser unit. Cleaning the condenser unit is critical to proper AC system upkeep, especially as it relates to your air conditioner’s coils. These components are some of the most expensive to replace and directly affect your AC’s performance if damaged or dirty. Clear away any debris around your outdoor AC unit to prevent clogging the condenser unit.
Bonus Tip: Choose All American Home Services as Your HVAC Technician
Looking for a team of top-rated HVAC technicians to help you properly care for your heating and cooling systems this year? All American Home Services has the team you need to keep all of your home comfort systems operating at peak performance all year long. When you choose our HVAC specialists for service in your Tampa, FL, home, you’re always guaranteed:
- Services and solutions from leading professionals. All of our technicians are certified, licensed, and experienced in the industry’s leading tools and techniques.
- Fast, responsive service. We are proud to offer 24/7 emergency HVAC repair services throughout the Hillsborough County region.
- Customer-focused services. Our team is dedicated to meeting your specific comfort needs, offering custom-tailored solutions that address your exact concerns.
- Industry-leading products. From heat pumps and central AC to ductless mini-split units, we offer the superior HVAC systems families need to achieve optimal comfort all year long.
When you need heating or air conditioning services in Tampa, FL, trust All American Home Services to get the job done right. Call 813-486-4038 to schedule service!
Why Choose All American?
What Our Clients Are Saying
Had some issues at 9pm with my ac acting weird and this company had someone out in less then 30 minutes and it was a simple fix ! Great company , great workers and fast service.
– Charlene Knight
Technicians and staff are well trained, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I'm very happy with services they provided. Always my first call.
– Russy Persad
I was very pleased with the awesome service I received my technician ( Dalton ) was extremely knowledgeable, professional, considerate and explained everything very well, I would highly recommend this company!!!
– Wayne Goldhammer
We had questions concerning our AC unit and the tech came out and checked everything and answered all the questions we had. We called early in the day and got service the same day. Will be using them again in the future.
– Raylin C.
Great people. Very informative. Would definitely recommend and use this company again!
– Nicole Epps
The technician, Dalton, was on time and very knowledgable. He was able to tell me a lot about my unit and explain everything to me. Their price was much more fair than those that I've paid in the past. Excellent customer service, highly recommended!
– John Decoster