Can My Water Heater Be Repaired or Do I Need To Replace It?
Your water heater works hard to meet your many hot water needs and demands. Regardless of your model, it’ll likely run into an issue. It’s crucial to familiarize yourself with signs that an issue is occurring so that a service can be scheduled ASAP. Some water heater problems only need repair, while others require a replacement. Keep reading to learn how to know if a repair is due instead of a complete unit upgrade.
Water Heater Issues
Unfortunately, issues with any appliance in your home can surface when you least expect them to. If your water heater is malfunctioning, a good rule of thumb is to turn off your unit before troubleshooting.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
Not all issues require a replacement! Should you notice any of the below, contact All American Home Services for top-notch water heater repair services:
- Leaks: Leaks are one of the most common issues water heaters face. They can be caused by various reasons, such as broken valves, damaged plumbing connections, or an overabundance of condensation.
- Water too hot: If your water is too hot, it’s probably an issue with your unit’s thermostat settings. Having the thermostat recalibrated should solve the problem.
- Lack of hot water: Inadequate hot water usually indicates an issue with the unit’s thermostat or the heating element; replacing these components will avoid upgrading the unit.
- Strange sounds: Unusual sounds typically indicate a buildup of sediment. Draining the tank and clearing the residue should do the trick to combat this.
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure is often caused by a blocked or bent water line, so clearing or correcting the line’s condition should solve the issue.
When It’s Time To Replace Your Water Heater
Sometimes, problems with your water heater are beyond repair. When this happens, it’s essential to schedule a water heater replacement ASAP to ensure you never have to go without it! If any of the following are present, schedule with us today:
- Tank leaks: While most leaks are fixable, ones resulting from a corroded tank are a telltale sign that your unit needs to be replaced altogether.
- Rust-colored water or strong odors: If the water from your faucets comes out rust-colored or has an off-putting smell, corrosion is likely occurring within the tank and can only be solved by a replacement.
- Old age: If your water heater is older than 10 to 12 years and isn’t operating as well as it once was, it’s time to consider an upgrade.
- High water bills: If your water bills are rising without ceasing, it’s probably time to replace your unit if the cause can’t be determined.
- No hot water: If you can’t seem to get hot water out of your unit, replacing the unit may be the only plausible solution.
Choose All American Home Services for Exceptional Water Heater Services in Tampa, FL
All American Home Services proudly specializes in water heater services above the rest. Our family-owned and -operated company will always prioritize the comfort and well-being of our community in Tampa and the surrounding areas. We offer coupons and specials for added peace of mind. We also provide 24/7 emergency services when issues must be addressed ASAP!
Why Choose All American?
What Our Clients Are Saying
Had some issues at 9pm with my ac acting weird and this company had someone out in less then 30 minutes and it was a simple fix ! Great company , great workers and fast service.
– Charlene Knight
Technicians and staff are well trained, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I'm very happy with services they provided. Always my first call.
– Russy Persad
We had questions concerning our AC unit and the tech came out and checked everything and answered all the questions we had. We called early in the day and got service the same day. Will be using them again in the future.
– Raylin C.
Great people. Very informative. Would definitely recommend and use this company again!
– Nicole Epps