Warning Signs That You’re Dealing With an Unlicensed Contractor
You rely on heating and cooling to keep your home comfortable throughout the year, no matter the weather outside. When you’re having HVAC work performed at your home, it’s crucial that you hire a well-established and reputable professional to tackle the job.
If you hire an unlicensed contractor and things go poorly, you could end up in a predicament that could have been avoided. When searching for a contractor, make sure you look out for signs you may be dealing with someone who is unlicensed, and steer clear!
What Are the Signs?
While it may not initially be easy to tell whether a contractor is licensed, there are several warning signs you should look out for to determine if they are or not. Some indicators that a contractor is unlicensed include:
- There is no phone number listed on the website, company vehicle, or other advertisements.
- You are told that no license or permit is needed to complete the work.
- You are asked for a large down payment before the work begins.
- The contractor asks to work weeknights or weekends.
- The name of the company isn’t on the company vehicle.
- The contractor won’t agree to lay out terms and conditions in writing.
- The contractor doesn’t have proof of insurance.
- You are asked to make all payments in cash or payable directly to the contractor.
Why You Should Hire a Professional
There are many reasons why a professional must be hired to perform HVAC work at your home. An unlicensed contractor may get away with the following:
- Often, unlicensed contractors lack the knowledge and experience in the field and, thus, perform the job inefficiently.
- Jobs done poorly by unlicensed contractors may result in damages and greater expenses that fall on you, leaving them free from discipline.
- Because unlicensed contractors can’t obtain a permit, the project they perform is at risk of violating codes.
- Manufacturers will often not honor warranties when their parts are used by unqualified contractors.
It’s crucial to put in the work when looking for a professional contractor. Not only is the service bound to be better when done by a highly skilled expert, but you are also covered by insurance and warranties if anything goes wrong!
The All American Home Services team offers exceptional HVAC services performed by technicians well-versed in the field, so you can expect nothing but greatness.
Why Choose All American?
What Our Clients Are Saying
Had some issues at 9pm with my ac acting weird and this company had someone out in less then 30 minutes and it was a simple fix ! Great company , great workers and fast service.
– Charlene Knight
Technicians and staff are well trained, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I'm very happy with services they provided. Always my first call.
– Russy Persad
We had questions concerning our AC unit and the tech came out and checked everything and answered all the questions we had. We called early in the day and got service the same day. Will be using them again in the future.
– Raylin C.
Great people. Very informative. Would definitely recommend and use this company again!
– Nicole Epps