How to Avoid Unlicensed HVAC Contractors in Tampa
Summers in Tampa are relentlessly hot, and our winters can get quite chilly at times, especially at night. Because of this, it’s crucial to have a reliable HVAC that will work hard to keep up with you and your home’s needs year-round.
When you need HVAC work completed at your Tampa residence or business, you need it performed quickly and expertly by a licensed professional. While it may seem financially beneficial and convenient to have work done by an unlicensed technician, it’s critical to consider all aspects of the service and at it may look like for you should things go awry.
Reasons for Avoiding Unlicensed HVAC Contractors
You may be drawn to the service of an unlicensed contractor for one thing or another, such as a desirably low price. However, some reasons to avoid unlicensed contractors include:
- They are often equipped with inferior materials and have not acquired the proper knowledge and experience to get your project done properly, which could result in shoddy, inadequate workmanship.
- If the result is not what was anticipated, it could end up costing you a lot more time — and money — to have it fixed.
- Because contractors without a license cannot get a permit from the building department, the project will begin without an inspection that’s needed to ensure no code violations.
- Homeowners assume liability if a worker is injured on the job, which could result in the contractor suing you for damages.
- Manufacturers may not honor their warranties on equipment utilized by an unlicensed contractor, especially if it is improperly installed.
To better determine if a contractor is licensed or not, watch out for the following:
- The contractor cannot show proof of insurance.
- There is no contractor license number shown in the advertisement.
- You cannot determine the company name.
- The contractor asks that you either pay in cash or make checks payable directly to them.
- The contractor says that no permit or inspection is needed to complete the project.
- You are required to make a hefty down payment before construction begins.
- A verbal agreement is preferred over a written one.
All American Home Services: Tampa’s Choice for Professional HVAC Work
When you’re in the market for HVAC work, consider All American Home Services. Our fully licensed and family-owned company offers energy-efficient solutions to our Tampa community, and we deliver prompt services performed by skilled, certified technicians. With us, you won’t be left questioning the quality of the work we will provide. We will always work with you to find the right course of action to take, and our friendly and helpful team will be available at a time that’s most convenient for you.
Why Choose All American?
What Our Clients Are Saying
Had some issues at 9pm with my ac acting weird and this company had someone out in less then 30 minutes and it was a simple fix ! Great company , great workers and fast service.
– Charlene Knight
Technicians and staff are well trained, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I'm very happy with services they provided. Always my first call.
– Russy Persad
We had questions concerning our AC unit and the tech came out and checked everything and answered all the questions we had. We called early in the day and got service the same day. Will be using them again in the future.
– Raylin C.
Great people. Very informative. Would definitely recommend and use this company again!
– Nicole Epps